Calling all talented Filipinos in Jersey City and beyond! You are invited to join in a new talent show here in New Jersey: Pinoys Got Talent — patterned after Pilipinas Got Talent.
The audition is open to all with any kind of talent: Can you sing like Lady Gaga, or Bruno Mars? Can you make people laugh like Chris Rock? Can you pull some magic tricks like the illusionist David Copperfield? Are you a member of a rock band like U2? a boy band like New Kids on the Block? Do you belong to a dance crew such as the JabbaWockeeZ? Or any salient or striking talent you may possess that will surely entertain an audience?
If you fall into any of the above categories you’re in luck. Experience the thrills and spills of a new talent show coming to Secaucus, New Jersey on August 20-21 at the Meadowlands Expo Center. The show is brought to you by the 2011 Philippine Fiesta in America, the largest and longest-running indoor event celebrating its 13th year of serving the Philippine-American community in the East Coast. Billed as “Pinoys Got Talent”, it is produced by Hector Magno of Magno PI Productions. Join the bandwagon.
Talents selected from auditions will compete against each other at the Semi Finals where 8 finalists will be chosen to perform in front of celebrity judges among whom are Melai and Jason, Philippines popular TV personalities. Cash prizes await winners.
- Open to everyone of Philippine descent, regardless of age, capable of demonstrating a talent such as performing on stage to entertain a live audience. Examples of performers we seek are singers, bands/musicians, comedians, ventriloquists, dancers, magicians, acrobats, jugglers, etc. To apply, please e-mail application (see below) to email@example.com or mail to: Hector Magno, 251 Foothill Road, Bridgewater, NJ 08807. Deadline for submitting application is 7/31/11.
- Auditions are set for Aug. 13 and 14 (time and place to be announced at a later date). Out-of-state applicants may send in a video of their act. Semi-Finals and Finals will be held on Saturday (Aug. 20th) and Sunday (Aug. 21st), respectively.
- Contestants will have from 2 to 3 minutes to showcase their talent. Judges will select 8 finalists to represent a balanced program. Judging criteria will include but not limited to originality, presentation, artistry, and crowd’s response.
- Finalists will vie for cash prizes of $200 for 3rd place, $300 for 2nd place, and $500 for the winner. Losing finalists will each receive a consolation prize of $50.
For info, please call the producer of “Pinoys Got Talent”, Magno PI Productions at 908 229-0155.
- Singers: Sing a cappella or with a backing track.
- Bands/Musicians: No instruments are provided by organizers. Bring your own with minimal set-up.
- Dancers/Comedians/Ventriloquists/Magicians/Acrobats/Jugglers, etc: Bring a CD if needed.
- Performers with Animal acts: No dangerous animals allowed. Animals to use must be caged.
- Contestants younger than 18 years old must be accompanied by parents or adult.
- No formal dressing room available: Please come dressed to impress.
- Performance stage is indoor but with limited space. Avoid overcrowding during performance.
- Follow strict Health and Safety guidelines. Please adhere to this policy.
- No fire, sharp objects, weapons, or explosives allowed as part of the act. Materials to be used must pass inspection by the staff of the Philippine Fiesta. Contestants must sign a contract releasing organizers from any liabilities caused by the nature of the act.